Infrastructure Development and Technology Transfer (Developing green Industrial Parks)
With the support of the Ministry of MSME & Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Govt. of India, ALEAP built the first Women Entrepreneurs Green Industrial Park in Hyderabad. Built on 30 acres of land, the Industrial Park hosts 192 women units and provides direct employment opportunities to 10000 women. The second one is built atNandigama, Telangana,over an area of 83 acres. It hosts 200 women units with direct employment opportunities for 10,000 women. The third Women Entrepreneurs Green Industrial Parkis at Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, with 90 women units and 5000 direct employment on 30 acres of land. The estates are equipped with all required infrastructure that facilitates women to transform into excellent entrepreneurs.
Aleap-India Industrial Estate at Kukatpally, Gajularamaram
ALEAP developed the First Women Entrepreneurs Industrial Estate in India at Gajularamaram, R.R. District, Hyderabad, with the support of the Government of India under the IID scheme. The estate featuresinfrastructural facilities, like electricity, water, drainage, etc.,required to transform women into excellent entrepreneurs. The development of the estate was supported by the Central Government and the State Government. Today,the estate boasts over 103 industries established and run by women entrepreneurs. Electricity is provided free of cost to the entrepreneurs by ALEAP.
Today all the industries are operated successfully by women without any hurdles or issues. The following are the different areas in which industries are operated:
- Food Processing
- Garments Manufacturing
- Packaging & printing
- Plastics Manufacturing
- Buildings Materials
- Paper cups Manufacturing
- And other services industries
Other Additional Services Being Provided to the Members:
- The one-stop service provided by ALEAP made it possible for entrepreneurs to set up an industry without losing time on paperwork or permissions, and procedural difficulties were minimized
- As ALEAP has MOUs with Commercial Banks and SFCs, members can access credit without many hurdles
- ALEAP provides networking and guidance regarding markets that help women entrepreneurs penetrate new markets
- ALEAP also provides training inthe management of the enterprises and creates awareness regarding export and quality certifications to prepare the members for global expansion
- ALEAP's project "EU-India network of Women Entrepreneurs" enabled women entrepreneurs to understand the requirements and upgrade their quality standards to meet the demands of EU markets.
Aleap-India Industrial Estate at Vijayawada
The success of the Industrial Estate in Hyderabad encouraged ALEAP to develop another multi-product industrial cluster for women entrepreneurs at Surampally, Vijayawada, with a thrust on food processing. Currently, over 70 industries are running and generating employment opportunities for more than 4,000 local people.
Aleap-India Industrial Estate at Nandigama, Sangareddy District
Pic: Layout showing Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Industrial Estate. View plan
ALEAP has developed the Green Industrial Park (A'GRIP) in association with GIZ, Germany, under the Indo-German Development Corporation. Built on 83 acres of land at Nandigama Village, Patancheru Mandal, Sangareddy District,A'GRIP will inhabit 147 micro & small industries exclusively for women and create employment opportunities for 8,000 local people. The Green Industrial Park will maintain all the international standards.
Salient features of AGRIP :
- Eco Industrial Park.
- Pollution Free.
- The master plan developed by GIZ, Germany
- A communication and information centre is provided.
- Underground power supply to each industry.
- An exclusive sub-station is built catering to the needs of the industrial estate
- Recycling of waste water.
- Solar Street Lightening.
- Fire and Security alarm systems.
- A common plan for the conservation of energy.
- Accommodation and Canteen facilities for workers.
- Child care Services.
- State-of-the-art innovation and incubation Hub called WE-Hub.